Action Research Bursaries
Each year Excalibur TSA promotes school based research projects within its partner schools. The results of these findings are shared across the alliance and beyond.
The aim of our bursaries is to support and encourage the undertaking and sharing of school-based research in Excalibur Teaching School Alliance partner schools.
The 2017/2018 Research Bursary fund, enabling individuals to undertake and complete school-based research projects, accepted applications for bursaries of up to £500. Applications were also welcome from school leaders or departments who were looking to develop larger, research based projects as part of a more structured staff development programme. Priority was given to projects that clearly addressed an identified school need. For more information on live projects visit the current research page.
Staff at any Excalibur TSA partner school are invited to email an initial expression of interest (no more than 400 words) outlining the intended research project. Applicants will then be invited for an informal chat to discuss their proposal in more detail, if required.
The deadline for receipt of expressions of interest: Now Closed. Next round open June 2018, for projects starting 2018/19
Our commitment to successful applicants:
- Bursary for project resources: books, materials etc.
- Ongoing support with appropriate expertise as available.
- Reasonable time to allow completion of planning and writing the report within the scope of the bursary available.
- Ticket to ResearchEd conference on September 9th 2017.
Your commitment to Excalibur TSA in accepting a bursary:
- Completion of your school-based action research project in an area of identified school need by Summer 2018.
- Presentation of your findings at the Excalibur TSA R&D Summer Conference 2018.
- Publication of your research to staff across the Alliance